Town Park Afternoon/Evening Park Attendant
|Salary:||$12 starting pay|
|Posted Date:||2/21/2022||Closing Date: Until Filled|
Job Summary: This is a part-time position with no benefits; with a maximum of 30 hours per week; the hours are seasonal and will vary depending upon demand; hours are primarily afternoon and evening including Saturdays and Sundays.
Click the buttons below for the position description and application.
- Minimum age of 18
- Valid NC driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to communicate information tactfully and impartially
- Ability to safely operate equipment, vehicles, small hand tools and pressure washers
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions and keep accurate records
- The Town requires position-appropriate pre-employment screenings.
- Serve as visible park staff and welcome residents and visitors to the park when necessary (depending upon events.)
- Assist with special events and other park activities
- Police the park and adjoining areas for litter and natural debris
- Empty trash and recycling bins
- Clean and stock restrooms with appropriate supplies
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance
- Performs other work as assigned
Requires the ability to walk for long distances and on uneven surfaces, crawl, reach, stand for long periods of time, push and pull and lift objects up to 50 pounds occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly. The ability to speak is required to communicate in person or other methods. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels. Visual acuity is required to operate motor vehicles and/or equipment and to observe the general surroundings and activities. The attendant is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. The worker may encounter distracting noises when at work.
The Town is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The Town makes employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, marital status, disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.